New Jersey Obstetric Malpractice Lawyers
If your child has suffered serious birth injury or was born with permanent disabilities, we understand what a profound shock and sadness you must feel. What should have been a celebrated event is instead a worst nightmare.
If the explanation from the doctors doesn’t seem right, and you suspect that negligence caused a serious birth injury or your infant’s “failure to thrive,” contact the experienced medical malpractice attorneys of Martin Kane Kuper, LLC.
Our proven trial lawyers have obtained multimillion-dollar jury awards and settlements in birth injury cases across New Jersey. Call now at 1-877-NJLAW4U for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Experienced Birth Injury Attorneys
Martin Kane Kuper has held obstetricians, nurses, technicians and hospitals accountable for negligence that resulted in birth trauma such as cerebral palsy or Erb’s palsy, and post-delivery conditions such as kernicterus (which is 100 percent preventable).
We have a dedicated birth injury team that includes Board-certified trial lawyers, licensed nurses, and paralegals who handle only medical negligence cases. With the assistance of medical experts in obstetrics, pediatrics and surgery, we work to reveal the errors or substandard care that harmed your child:
- Improper assessment of the infant’s health in the womb
- Adverse effects of medications administered during pregnancy
- Failure to recognize fetal distress and perform a timely caesarean section
- Delayed C-section or prolapsed umbilical cord leading to hypoxic brain damage (cerebral palsy)
- Delivery trauma resulting in brachial plexus injury (nerve damage), as from improper delivery technique, forceps or suction
- Failure to diagnose or address hypertension, gestational diabetes, incompetent cervix or other dangers to mother and infant
- Failure to administer tocolytics to stave off premature birth or administer steroids to develop a preemie’s lungs
- Failure to monitor newborns for respiratory distress or elevated bilirubin (jaundice).
We investigate all records from prenatal care through labor, delivery, neonatal care and pediatrician follow-up. Did the OB/GYN proceed with a vaginal birth despite contraindications (maternal hypertension, erratic fetal heart rate, prior C-section or likely shoulder dystocia)? Were mother and infant discharged from the hospital before it was medically appropriate?
If your baby suffered brain injury, severe motor impairment, blindness or other lasting damage, it will take a lot of money to cover future medical care, nursing care and special services. We take on the full burden of pursuing compensation during this overwhelming time. Our experienced trial lawyers strive for a fair out-of-court settlement to spare clients from an extended ordeal, but we are fully prepared to go to trial to ensure that your child’s long-term needs are covered.
Call our East Brunswick law office at 1-877-NJLAW4U or contact us online to discuss your suspicions about a birth injury. We offer a free, confidential case evaluation, representing clients in Middlesex County, North Jersey and statewide.